FoodFaithMarriageParentingWomanhoodReviews

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Moby Wrap

When I brought my sweet littles home from the NICU, all I wanted to do was cuddle them all day, they were so sweet and squishy. And despite my husband assuring me I needn't worry about the housework at that point, I felt the need to begin organizing our life after the chaos that was our life in the NICU -- enter, The Moby. The Moby is what is classified as a stretchy wrap. It's a long piece of stretchy fabric in which you can wrap and carry your baby(ies) hands free. This wrap was my life saver for for the first few months that the girls were home. You can find a myriad of Moby instructional videos on Youtube to help you figure out how to wrap singletons and twins.

A note* Despite the package stating that it can carry up to 35 lbs, it has been found that after 20 - 25 lbs the Moby stops being as supportive. It is also recommended that you do not carry your baby facing forward in the Moby - as it is believed it puts potentially harmful pressure on the baby's hips and is not correctly supportive for hip or spine alignment.


I strongly recommend investing in a Moby wrap. If you cannot afford to purchase one brand new ($40), I recommend checking out thebabywearer.com or the Baby Wearing Swap on Babycenter.com to find a gently loved one, usually for at least half the price! If you do buy a new one, remember that most often you can sell it once you no longer need it on the aforementioned websites as well to recoup some of your cost!

No comments:

Post a Comment