FoodFaithMarriageParentingWomanhoodReviews

Saturday, August 13, 2011

It was a dark and stormy night.... and mama wanted cookies!

Have you ever had a craving so strong that you just can't get it out of your head? That you would do things that you wouldn't normally do in a state of sanity, just to fulfill said cravings? No? You're obviously not a woman. Needless to say, I had such a craving. Actually I've had this craving for about a week now, but for some reason haven't had the ingredients necessary to complete it - until today. I went to the grocery store and picked up the missing ingredients, came home, and my husband took the car to work. And then I realized that I forgot flour. FLOUR! Pretty much the main ingredient. Alas, I no longer had a car. My brother in law's car was here, but it's a two door car that didn't have car seat bases - and besides, it was 7pm and I had put the girls down for an early bedtime, since they seemed fussy, and on top of it all it was storming. The cookies would have to wait.

7:15 - it's no big deal, I can just make them tomorrow..

7:30 - afterall, it would really be far too much hassle to go out NOW

7:45 - The girls are still chatting away with themselves, so I took a peek into their room and find them jumping on their cribs (yes, they really do this) - proudly declaring that I was silly to think they were tired. Didn't I know that they weren't the least bit sleepy, and more than likely would never be sleepy again as long as they lived?

7:46 - I was packing the girls into their car seats to make the trek to the store. In the storm. With the two door car.

This part was easily a 10 minute ordeal. I ran to the car to open the doors and move up the seats, then ran back to the house to collect baby #1, and ran BACK to the car to strap her in (which, by the way, I am convinced that in order to strap car seats into the back of a 2 door car, you need to be a contortionist). Lather, rinse, repeat.

We then made a 5 minute car ride to Wegmans, I loaded the girls into a shopping cart, grabbed the flour, and checked out. Back into the car, another 10 minutes to strap the car seats in, 5 minutes home, unloading the car, setting everything back in order, and putting the girls to bed.

And then I began making my cookies. Now this was a recipe I had attempted to half and bake a few weeks ago, and it turned out horribly. So this time I used the whole recipe. Let me tell you a little about this recipe - it requires an entire package of butter and 6 cups of flour. This batter almost broke my poor little 5 qt mixer - it worked it's little motor off, but it got the job done.

They are currently in the oven, and I just have to say, for all the hassle this has been - these had better be the best cookies. EVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment